Friday, August 17, 2012

Statement of purpose sample


After my graduation, all that I was thinking about is to do my utmost to obtain both my MA and PhD degrees and become thereafter a competent university teacher. My academic goals revolve around the world of literature, specifically drama. I will be hopefully focusing on either medieval drama or modern theatre for the following reasons. At the outset, during my third year, I was deeply touched by Samuel Beckett‘s play Endgame and by the theatre of the Absurd in general. After that, during my fortnight in the Language Village in summer 2012, my fascination was further nurtured as I was heartily engaged in the drama workshop, moderated by such inspiring drama teachers. This exquisite experience gave me the opportunity to reconsider drama and to explore its new dimensions. To tell the truth, in the beginning, I was hesitating between linguistics and literature. Then, for the latter reasons, I finally made up my decision. Moreover, ever since I got my Baccalaureate, I have been dreaming of becoming a writer and starting my own magazine. To conclude, pursuing my studies with an MA degree in Literature will serve as a stepping stone both to enhance my educational level and to fulfill my future goals.

                                                                                                                          Written by: Nada Mrabet

No comments:

Post a Comment