Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Story of a Blue Bird Called Molly- Page 4: about Depression.

My state of depression reaches its peak when I make expectations and build high hopes about something or somebody and end up feeling disappointed. All the meanings of life that I make up in my mind to convince myself to stay alive one more day crash into a billion pieces of meaninglessness. That is when I start imagining different scenarios of me taking my own life out of this miserable shit hole full of human bullshit. The human behavior/nature is what drives me the most depressed: the way humans treat each other. Lies. Deceit. Treason. Disloyalty. Ungratefulness. 

All these things become nonexistent when I feel euphoric. It feels good when I’m on the pills. It makes me feel numb and unaware of those things. And this is one of the reasons why I stopped taking my pills. They put me in a state of denial, and if there is one thing that got me here to begin with, it’s denial itself. Even when I broke free out of my previous patriarchal jail I was in a state of denial. I don’t remember how I did it. Sometimes, I forget that I did it.

I feel like killing myself 24 hours a day. The thought is there with every breath I take, every piece of food I put in my mouth, every panic attack I have and every sense of nausea I experience. I feel like throwing up all the time. I feel like I can hardly breathe. I feel like my body cannot tolerate these feelings anymore.

People envy me. I have a master’s degree, a respectable job, a loving boyfriend, good friends, and a decent family who finally accepted the fact that I am taking control of my life. I am stable financially and emotionally. I am free, brave and independent. I am all that. Sometimes more. Other times less. It depends on my mood swings. But I am indifferent to all that. I cannot savor anything. I am dead inside, and the only things that make me feel alive are the brief joys that love brings to my heart. Everything is temporary, except my state of depression.  

No comments:

Post a Comment