Sunday, May 27, 2012

Freshmen in Raggeda: Religion

In this article I am going to talk about our religion. As it is defined in Wikipedia, with some little modifications, Religion is “the belief in and worship of one God, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. “. The question now is whether this theoretical concept is practical or not.

A person, whose biological parents are Muslims, is not necessarily a real Muslim. First, he has to completely believe in Allah, and Allah only. Then, he has to try as much as he can to rightly practise the doctrines and rituals of his religion. 
Our religion, Islam, is the religion of Allah. It is a religion of peace. And in order to be a real Muslim, we have to be devoted to Allah and totally obey him. We have to believe in the after life more than we believe in this life. We have to believe in the fact that life is just a passage where we get tested so our destiny will be defined in the after life. We have to believe that no person can ever love us and care about us as much as Allah and his prophet Mohamed. I am sure that all Muslims know these facts. But, do they believe in them? I am saying so because there is a big difference between knowing something, and believing in something. So in order to do so, we have to clear up our mind, stop thinking about life as a purpose, and try to please Allah and obey him as much as we can. 
I am used on hearing Muslims cursing Allah and calling him name. What is it wrong with you people? Why are you doing so? What benefit will you gain? Once, one of my friends cursed Allah in front of us, saying that Allah does not love him, and that Allah is destroying him. He said that he did not get lucky in anything when he used to pray, so what’s the point of obeying him? When he started to talk like that, I left the group so they won’t see me crying. I was crying because Allah gave as so many things and so many blesses, and that’s how we are repaying him. We are blessed for breathing, for living in peace, for having parents to raise us, for having schools where we can learn, for having food to eat, for having water to drink. We are even more blessed to be born as Muslims. That way, we have a bigger chance to better know Islam, to reach Allah and go to heaven. Now tell me, isn’t that enough? I don’t know if people who do not believe in Allah and curse him all the time know how bad what they are doing is. But let me tell you, it is really terrible and awful.
I also know another group of friends who used to swear and curse whenever they get the chance. But now, they do not do that anymore. They pray, they read Qur’an as much as they can, and they exchange informations about Islam. People like them make me feel hopeful.
If there is something I have learnt this year, it will be the fact that Islam is not all about wearing the veil or having a beard. I mean there are lots of girls who are wearing the veil but do not believe in it and are wearing it as a fashion. There are some of them who do not even pray or fast. However, there are other girls who are not wearing the veil, but believe in Allah and love him, know the real meaning of this precious veil, and really want to wear it someday. 

Even I, the person who wrote this article, still need good guidance and good people around me to improve my doctrines and the way I practise my religion. So, if you had the chance to open your eyes and see life as it really is, do not forget to help those around you who did not have the same chance you had. Life is really short, and we do not know when we will die. Thus, try to make the last thing you do good and pure, so you won’t regret anything you have done. Finally, May Allah guide us all to his path of goodness and heaven. 

Written by: Nada Mrabet




No comments:

Post a Comment